The 2023 Toyota Sequoia Redesign: What we know so far
When you think of the new Toyota SUV lineup, we’re willing to bet that the Toyota Sequoia doesn’t exactly spring to mind. We’re the first to admit that it’s in need of a refresh; the second generation launched way back in 2007 (!!!) and this plush SUV hasn’t undergone a redesign since then. It’s definitely due for an update and if the rumors are true, we’re about to get one – supposedly, the 2023 Toyota Sequoia redesign is going to be all-new from bumper to bumper. We don’t have the full scoop because Toyota has been keeping things under wraps, but here’s what we know so far.
What we know about the 2023 Toyota Sequoia redesign (and also what we’re hoping)
- First of all, one of the reasons we’re so certain that the new 2023 Toyota Sequoia redesign is going to be debuted is because the Toyota Land Cruiser was retired this year. This leaves a luxury, performance-driven hole in the lineup, and the Toyota Sequoia could easily step in to fill it.
- Also, as we said, it’s been 15 years since this family vehicle was redesigned. It’s due – like, more than due.
- The 2023 Toyota Sequoia redesign will likely be redesigned inside and out, plus under the hood. In terms of appearance, we’re willing to bet the new 2023 model sports an angular and muscular look similar to that of the new 2022 Toyota Tundra. The inside will likely have a more ergonomic and stream-lined design studded with luxury features.
- We’re also willing to bet that the 2023 Toyota Sequoia redesign will sit on the new TNGA-F platform (just like the 2022 Toyota Tundra). This platform was designed to provide improved safety and ride quality.
- Rumor has it that the new 2023 Toyota Sequoia will also follow in the Tundra’s footsteps in terms of engine. It’s been sporting a 5.7L V8 for decades (literally) and we’re almost positive it’ll be swapping out for the two options available in the new Tundra – a twin-turbo V6 (389 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque) and an i-Force Max hybrid option (437 hp and 583 lb-ft of torque). This means a much more powerful and efficient performance, no matter which option you choose.
- We’ve also heard that the new Clermont Toyota Sequoia redesign will offer a couple of special trim levels like the luxurious Capstone and performance-driven TRD Pro trims that come on the new 2022 Toyota Tundra.
- And to cap it all off, we’re hearing (and hoping) that it’ll arrive sometime this summer (2022) as a 2023 model. We don’t know when – it could be late summer – but it’s likely that the new 2023 Toyota Sequoia redesign will arrive before 2023 actually gets here.
Get more info – follow Toyota of Clermont on social media
Want the latest details on the 2023 Toyota Sequoia redesign? Follow us on social media for updates! You can also come by the store for more info; Toyota of Clermont is located just off the Florida Turnpike at 16851 State Road 50 and we’re open seven days a week. Call us at (352) 404-7000 for details!