New Toyota TRD Models on the Way
When it comes to Toyota, TRD means rough, it means tough, it means stylish, and it means awesome. The Toyota Racing Development segment has been making history with win after win since 1954. Vehicles in this division are unique and reserved for Clermont Toyota races both on and off the track. In honor of the racing heritage of Toyota, TRD models have been created and can usually be found on our lot at Toyota of Clermont. These special trim levels can have different engineering or aesthetic modifications, depending on the TRD model you select. While we currently have TRD models for the Clermont Toyota Tundra, 4Runner, and Tacoma, there are several announced models that are soon to arrive at the dealership. Here’s what we know so far!
Toyota Camry and Avalon TRD
One of Toyota’s best-selling vehicles and one its most luxurious vehicles are both getting the TRD treatment for the 2020 model year. Here are the changes coming to these two Clermont Toyota TRD models:
- The Toyota Camry TRD will have track tuned suspension that enhances steering, cornering, and straight-line performance. Anti-sway bars increase the front and rear stiffness significantly.
- Both TRD models will feature exclusive red accents in the interior ranging from lighting, stitching, and infotainment graphics.
- The Clermont Toyota Avalon will feature lighter wheels and larger front brakes.
- Both vehicles’ coil springs will lower the vehicles by 0.6 inches to give them more aggressive stances.
The big and bad Clermont Toyota Sequoia will also be getting a TRD model for the 2020 model year. This trim level will enhance the Sequoia’s off-roading capabilities. Here’s what’s in store for this vehicle:
- TRD-tuned Fox Shock absorber suspension
- Multi-mode 4WD
- Unique TRD model grille design with “TOYOTA” prominently displayed.
- Exclusive army green exterior paint color option
- 7,100-pound towing capacity
A vehicle that created a brand-new auto segment is getting a TRD model this year as well! The Clermont Toyota RAV4 TRD will feature new feature upgrades like:
- A retuned suspension system with red TRD model springs.
- Dynamic Torque Vectoring AWD and Multi-Terrain Select
- Gray front and rear lower fascias and black painted accents
- 18-inch TRD alloy wheels with Falken WILDPEAK A/T Trail tires
- Enhanced towing capabilities and accessory power outlets in the cabin
Toyota 86 TRD Special Edition
The track ready Toyota 86 is a perfect testament to Toyota’s racing history so it’s only fitting it get a TRD model. This Clermont Toyota sportscar will feature upgrades like:
- A unique TRD body kit with Raven paint color and unique side graphics
- Stainless-steel tipped TRD exhaust
- Red and black telescoping steering wheel and aggressive spot bucket seats with TRD embroidery
- Red contrast stitching in the interior
- TRD alloy wheels
- Upgraded Brembo brakes
- SACHS dampers
Are you excited for the arrival of these Toyota TRD models to the dealership? Some are available now and the rest will be on the way soon. Make sure to check our inventory online anytime or visit Toyota of Clermont at 16851 State Road 50 seven days a week!