We’ve got the latest details on the 2022 Toyota Tundra
Heads up – new details have been released about the 2022 Toyota Tundra! This elusive new Toyota truck is due to arrive at Toyota of Clermont this fall, but Toyota has been pretty close-mouthed about the specifics that it’ll be showcasing when it does. Several teasers have been released, but we’re still waiting for the grand unveiling. New details were released this week regarding the interior as well as the technology and performance, and our Clermont Toyota dealership is here to share.
We all know that the new 2022 Toyota Tundra has been redesigned both inside and out. It’s sporting an all-new exterior look, a redesigned cabin, and an all-new engine under the hood. Here’s a bit of what we know so far:
- The V8 engine that’s been in the Toyota Tundra for years is out. It’s being replaced with (we are pretty sure) a V6 iForce Max engine, likely one that has turbocharged options. This means more power AND more fuel efficiency, which is a big plus for drivers. It’s also highly likely that a hybrid powertrain will be up for grabs in the new 2022 model for a cleaner and greener performance.
- We also know that it’ll have a 10-speed automatic transmission and be designed based on the new TNGA platform with body-on-frame construction and high-strength steel for an overall lighter weight.
- The interior will likely showcase top tech for both entertainment and safety (after all, it is Toyota). A new tablet-like touchscreen interface will be up for grabs and there will be a power rear window.
So what’s been revealed in the latest teaser photos for the 2022 Toyota Tundra? Here’s what we were able to glean from the trio of pictures:
- The plush interior will be available in a red fabric/perforated leather trim. It’s super similar to that of the 2021 Toyota TRD Camry (which we absolutely love) and will likely be available on a TRD model of the 2022 Toyota Tundra. Additionally, TRD badging will be featured throughout, including on the seats.
- New teaser photos have also revealed that wireless charging will be available in this Clermont Toyota truck, so it’s reasonable to expect that the rest of the cabin would follow suit and offer the best of the best when it comes to technology.
- On top of that, a knob for drive modes is featured in the teaser photos. Toyota Tundra enthusiasts are pretty excited about this particular teaser because the knob reveals that there will be Downhill Assist Control, Multi-Terrain Select, CRAWL Control, and Tow/Haul modes available. This 2022 Toyota Tundra is going to be prepped and ready for any type of terrain, it seems.
We really don’t have any updates on when the new 2022 model will arrive at Toyota of Clermont, but we can certainly keep you posted! Follow us on social media for updates or call us. You can reach our Clermont Toyota sales specialists seven days a week at (352) 404-7000.