The first ever Toyota Corolla hybrid is coming to Toyota of Clermont
Vehicles are getting greener and greener each year, and we’re not talking paint color options. Fuel efficiency continues to climb, and Toyota hybrid technology is becoming available in more Clermont Toyota cars. Earlier this year, the 2020 Toyota Corolla was revealed with a new exterior redesign, enhanced engineering, and redesigned cabin. However, there’s more to this upcoming new model year than redesigns and new features. The 2020 Clermont Toyota Corolla will now feature a hybrid option for this model year for the ultimate in style and efficiency. Toyota of Clermont is here with the latest details, so you can get excited before it’s arrival next year!
What’s new with this Toyota hybrid
This new Toyota hybrid is estimated to get an EPA estimated 50 combined mpg, making it the most fuel-efficient Clermont Toyota Corolla to date. How did Toyota achieve this, you may ask? These engineering features have the answer:
- The Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive system is employed from the newest generation Prius to maximize this vehicle’s efficient engineering.
- A 1.8L 4-cylinder gasoline engine is combined with two electric motors and a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) to deliver optimal power. The engine outputs 121 horsepower.
- A nickel-metal hydride battery that’s lighter and more powerful than Toyota hybrid batteries of yesteryear.
- New driving modes including:
- Normal: This driving mode provides the ideal combination of fuel economy and acceleration to maximize fuel economy.
- ECO: Limits response and acceleration power to provide greater fuel efficiency.
- Sport: Increases the power of your engine which allows for better acceleration.
- An available EV mode that operates the Clermont Toyota Corolla hybrid in a purely electric mode over short distances.
The newly designed exterior of the 2020 Clermont Toyota Corolla bares a resemblance to the recently released 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback with its sleek lines and cutting edges. The unique redesign extends to the interior with a spacious and luxurious feel that’s not hindered by the new nickel-metal hydride battery. Exclusive to the Toyota hybrid Corolla are features like:
- 15-inch aluminum wheels with low-rolling resistance tires.
- A high-grade meter with a 7-inch Multi-information Display.
- An ECO accelerator guidance meter.
The interior will also feature a variety of new Clermont Toyota technology and safety features like:
- Entune 3.0 Audio system with an 8-inch touchscreen, six speakers, Apple CarPlay, Amazon Alexa, Safety Connect, Wi-Fi Connect, Scout GPS Link, Siri Eyes Free, voice recognition, and much more.
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 with new programs like Road Sign Assist and Lane Tracing Assist.
- Eight standard airbags
- The Star Safety System
- S-FLOW air conditioning control
- Electronically Controlled Brake system
- The Vehicle Proximity Notification alerts pedestrians that the Toyota hybrid is nearby when running in battery mode.
Check out the new Toyota Corolla at Toyota of Clermont
Unfortunately, we have to wait a little while before this new Toyota hybrid finds its way to Toyota of Clermont. But we only have to wait until spring 2019 and we still have plenty of 2019 Toyota Corollas on our lot! Give us a call at (352) 404 – 7000 for more information today.