Could you call a Clermont Toyota Tacoma home?
Could you live in a tiny home?
It’s all the rage lately – minimizing your possessions and simplifying your life enough to live in an extremely small space. However, one man has taken living in a small space to a whole new level – he’s actually living in the bed of his Toyota Tacoma. We’ve got the scoop here at Toyota of Clermont and we’re wondering – could YOU call your Toyota Tacoma truck home if given the opportunity?
Could you live in the bed of a Clermont Toyota Tacoma?
The man in question is Andy Cochrane, and he’s called the bed of his 2015 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab home for a while. But what led him to minimize his lifestyle to this extent? In an article in Outdoor Magazine, he explained that the rental property he was living in was sold, he totalled his hatchback in a bad car accident, and moved back home with his parents. This gave him the opportunity to consider adopting a nomadic lifestyle and he bought a 2015 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab – a van just wasn’t going to cut it for the off-road adventures he planned on seeking.
He had to make a few alterations, however, in order to bring some of the comforts of home with him. Here are some of the features he added to this Clermont Toyota truck:
- A 3″ lift
- A new Leer 180 truck bed cap to literally put a roof over his head
- All-terrain tires to ensure the truck is adventure-ready
- A custom-built drawer that runs the length of the bed. This services as storage for books, kitchen supplies, and more, and slides in and out to create more space.
- 4 cubbies resting over the wheel wells for storage space, as well as a new roof rack for storage above the truck
- Special LED lights inside the bed for lighting at night (since this is where Cochrane sleeps)
- Fiberglass windows that open and close in the bed for circulation, as well as Reflectix insulation and a small fan to make the bed more comfortable
- A foam mattress and a variety of bedding
Cochrane also chose to make some changes inside the double cab, too. He was reticent to give up the seats in the back but ultimately tore them out and added features including:
- An additional storage cubby for clothing and shoes, as well as a space for all of his dog’s gear
- A small refrigerator, which is powered by a battery hooked up to three solar panels located on the roof of the truck
- A propane tank to operate his portable cook stove
- Water jugs for extra water storage
And he’s ready to hit the road and find any adventure. And thanks to the versatile nature of this Toyota truck, he can go pretty much anywhere!
Shop our truck inventory for your next ride today
Could you do it? Whether you’re planning on turning one of our Clermont Toyota trucks into a home away from home or just want something that’s adaptable enough for everyday adventure, Toyota of Clermont has got you covered! Get behind the wheel today – call (352) 404-7000!