2022 Toyota Tacoma Towing Capacity
The Toyota Tacoma is the smaller truck on the Toyota lineup, but don’t be fooled by its size. It is well-equipped to haul some of the most demanding loads, giving you years of incredible adventures in this ride. You may be wondering exactly how much can this Clermont Toyota tow? Our experts at Toyota of Clermont will give you the 411 on everything you need to know about the 2022 Toyota Tacoma.
What is Towing Capacity?
Towing capacity is how much weight your truck can pull safely. You want to make sure your Clermont Toyota has a high towing capacity for specific occasions. For example, towing capacity matters if you want to attach a trailer with all of your camping gear or a boat for summery beach days in Florida because you want to make sure your truck can handle the weight. Get ready to tow all of your tailgating necessities with a maximum capacity of 6,800 pounds in this new ride. The starting towing capacity (without extra gear) begins at a minimum of 3,500 pounds for the 2022 Tacoma. Now, let’s look at how the different trim levels compare.
Clermont Toyota Tacoma SR towing capacity
- 4×2 Access Cab w/ 4-Cylinder Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed – 3,500 pounds
- 4×2 Access Cab w/ V6 Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed – 6,800 pounds
- 4×2 Double Cab w/ 4-Cylinder Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 5-feet Bed – 3,500 pounds
- 4×4 Access Cab w/ 4-Cylinder Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed – 3,500 pounds
- 4×4 Access Cab w/ V6 Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed – 6,500 pounds
Toyota Tacoma Engines
You can pick between three different engines for this Clermont Toyota Tacoma model year with the option of a 4-cylinder engine or a V6 powertrain.
2.7L DOHC 4-cylinder engine
- 159 horsepower
- 180 lb-ft of torque
3.5 L V6 Direct-Injection Atkinson Cycle engine
- 278 horsepower
- 265 lb-ft of torque
3.5 L V6 DOHC Direct-Injection Atkinson Cycle engine
- 278 horsepower
- 265 lb-ft of torque
Are you looking for a Tow package? We’ve got that.
You can throw in a tow package to elevate your towing experience to the next level in this 2022 Tacoma Truck in Clermont, FL. The features add to give your ride the extra towing boost it needs including:
- Class-IV towing hitch receiver*
- 130-amp alternator
- 4- and 7-pin connector with converter
- Trailer-Sway Control (TSC)
- Engine oil cooler
- Power steering cooler
- ATF cooler (not available on manual transmission)
Here’s a quick towing safety guide!
So, once you get your brand-new 2022 Toyota Tacoma, it’s a good idea to brush up on your safety towing tips. Here are a few things to put into practice.
- If you’re new to towing, go to an empty parking lot and practice driving around with whatever you plan on hauling. This will help you feel more comfortable on the road. One of the great features of your 2022 Toyota Tacoma is Toyota Safety Sense, which gives you the best safety features to keep you and your passengers protected.
- Get your truck auto-serviced to make sure you’re in the clear since the last thing you want is a tire going out with a 2,000-pound trailer to haul.
- Make sure you don’t exceed the maximum towing capacity. If not, you might cause damage to both the engine and structural components.
- Driving with a couple thousand more pounds in your truck means you have to brush up on your defensive driving skills. So make sure to use turn signals, give yourself plenty of space to come to a stop, and don’t tailgate!
Test drive the 2022 Tacoma Toyota today!
We would love to help you answer any questions you may have. So give us a call at (352)404-7000. We’re located just off the Florida Turnpike at 16851 State Road 50 Clermont, FL, 34711.