2019 Toyota Avalon Touring: sleek, stylish, and sporty
A car that forgoes excitement for comfort and perhaps, to some, comes off as a little bland with its inconspicuous design. This may sound like an apt description for the Toyota Avalon, but not this one. The 2019 Toyota Avalon Touring boasts a sleek new body style, enhanced performance, and a world of new features that make this vehicle something to behold. Toyota of Clermont has some new details that’ll definitely surprise you.
New performance and interior features
Although it looks cool with its new exterior design, arguably the best part about the 2019 Toyota Avalon Touring is its performance package. A brand new enhanced driving mode, better stability and handling, and greater horsepower are just a few of the notable differences between this vehicle and other Clermont luxury Toyota models.
- The 2019 Toyota Avalon Touring features a performance package that is surprising for this model. A 3.5 liter V6 engine that sports 301 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque give this vehicle the power needed to create a driving experience unique to this luxury Toyota model.
- This particular Clermont luxury Toyota model comes equipped with four different drive modes, 22/31 mpg city/highway, and an 8-speed automatic gearshift. Because of the 8 speed gear mapping, this Clermont luxury Toyota is reported to be more precise than ever during shifting and even comes equipped with paddle shifters behind the sides of the steering wheel.
- Unique to this Clermont luxury Toyota trim model is the sport + drive mode. While the car does have an eco, normal, and sport mode, the sport + mode enhances the driving experience by tightening the suspension, increasing steering weight, and boosting the engine sound enhancement function. This truly gives this Clermont Toyota model that sports car feel with more responsive acceleration that’s complete with engine noise via the Intake Sound Generator.
- This vehicle also includes something that is unheard of at this price point, adaptive variable suspension. This feature is common in many luxury brands and sports cars that are equipped with different drive modes. Essentially, this allows for a more grounded and balanced ride experience.
- The interior design of the luxury Toyota has been streamlined to include larger screens and soft touch materials for added comfort and style. A heated steering wheel, 14 speaker JBL audio system, Toyota Entune 3.0 infotainment with Apple CarPlay, SiriusXM satellite radio, and WiFi capability are some additional features that can be added to the Touring sub-model. Toyota Safety Sense P also comes standard in this luxury Clermont Toyota.
Putting the new 2019 Toyota Avalon Touring to the test
In its first track test, the 2019 Toyota Avalon Touring’s performance was a world of difference compared to older models and other vehicles in its class.
- The Clermont Toyota Avalon Touring’s 0-60 mph time clocks in at 6.0 seconds, putting it ahead of other comparable midsize sedans.
- Its quarter mile time was recorded as 14.3 seconds at 99.5 mph and the figure 8 track time at 26.9 seconds.
- With regards to safety, the 2019 Toyota Avalon Touring has great stopping power. A stopping distance of 115 feet from 60 mph speeds puts this vehicle ahead of other midsize sedans as well as the 2018 Avalon, which had 122 feet as its stopping distance.
Are you excited about the new 2019 Toyota Avalon Touring? Be sure to swing by Toyota of Clermont to check out our inventory. You can find us at 16851 State Road 50, just off the Florida Turnpike. We look forward to seeing you!