Toyota to offer all-new Toyota Tacoma TRD lift kit
If you’re the proud owner of a Toyota Tacoma – or you’re thinking about buying one in the near future – we’ve got big news for you. Toyota is introducing its first-ever TRD lift kit for this much-loved truck, and Toyota of Clermont has all the details on what it can bring to your drive time. Check it out!
First things first – this is the FIRST TRD lift kit ever produced by Toyota for the Clermont Toyota Tacoma. Up until now, if you wanted to put a lift kit on your truck you had to explore other avenues (and you would also lack the reliability and longevity of a Toyota product, as well as possibly mess with existing warranties). This lift kit will be dealer-installed, come with all the necessary hardware, and will also offer warranties for added peace of mind. Here are some more details:
- The kit is composed of Bilstein monotube shocks with digressive valving.
- Each shock is fitted with a red TRD dust boot, as well as “Tuned by TRD” graphics so there’s no question where the kit came from.
- The front shocks offer an additional 2″ of lift. They have an adjusted coil spring position on the shock tube as well as an extended rebound stroke.
- The rear shocks boost things by 1″ in the back. They have a larger shock body than the standard Toyota Tacoma shock. This is a benefit to you because this means they can hold more oil, which in turn keeps things cooler and improves the damping response for better handling on rocky or uneven terrain.
- The rear shocks also have cast-iron spacers and larger piston and piston rods for enhanced strength.
- Overall, the lift kit will have enhanced ground clearance by 1.7″. Additionally, the angles have all been improved – the approach angle is now +3.1 to 32 degrees, the breakover angle is now +1.6 to 23 degrees, and the departure angle is now +0.5 to 24 degrees. This all translates to much better handling no matter how tough the terrain gets.
- This new Tacoma TRD lift kit is also designed by and approved by TRD engineers. This means it’s the only existing lift kit that is compatible with the Toyota Safety Sense System technology that you’ll find in this Clermont Toyota truck.
- It also has a special, uniquely designed grille with heritage-inspired TOYOTA lettering on it (as opposed to the regular Toyota badge) and a new Toyota Safety System millimeter wave sensor. This is to ensure that the front camera works properly even in spite of the lift kit and additional height of the truck.
This new TRD lift kit will be priced at $1,350 and will be compatible with all Toyota Tacoma V6 4×4 models after the 2020 model year. If you have the kit installed at time of purchase of your new truck, you’ll get a three year/36,000 mile warranty on it; if you have it installed after the fact, you’ll get a one year/12,000 mile warranty on it.
Have questions or want to shop Toyota Tacomas OR their parts and accessories? Call Toyota of Clermont today at (352) 404-7000 or stop by and see us. We’re conveniently located just off the Florida Turnpike at 16851 State Road 50.