Toyota of Clermont will get the 2023 GR Corolla later this year
It is – FINALLY – official. The 2023 GR Corolla will be coming to a Toyota dealership near you later this year (so you’ll definitely see it at Toyota of Clermont). We’ve been waiting for an official confirmation for months (decades, it feels like) and late last night, we finally got it. We’ve got the details on exactly what the much-anticipated 2023 GR Corolla will be bringing to the table when it arrives at Toyota of Clermont – check it out!
- The 2023 GR Corolla will be available in two models: the Core and the Circuit. The Circuit is a special launch-year model that will only be available this year.
- You can add three packages to this new Clermont Toyota: Performance, Technology, and Cold Weather.
We don’t have specifics on price or exact arrival date, but we do know that it’ll be arriving at Toyota of Clermont later this year.
What will the 2023 GR Corolla have to offer?
Let’s talk about performance – we know that’s what everyone (us) has been MOST excited about since Toyota started dropping teasers for this newest member of the GR family. Here are the highlights:
- The 2023 GR Corolla will offer the first sports all-wheel-drive system in 20 years, dubbed GR-FOUR, which provides unbeatable control and traction as power is sent to each wheel. It’s simple and lightweight so maximize performance.
- People (us) were very upset about the GR Yaris not making it to the states and the GR Corolla more than makes up for it. It’s boasting the same turbocharged G16E-GTS powerplant as the GR Yaris, but performance of the popular 3-cylinder engine has been boosted by a new engine exhaust with a three-piece muffler. This results in less outside noise and less exhaust pressure.
- All in all, the new 2023 GR Corolla offers 300 horsepower and 273 lb-ft torque. The G16E also offers large-diameter exhaust valves, multi-oil jet piston cooling, and a part-machined intake port.
- The new GR Corolla also offers front and rear Torsen Limited-Slip Differentials for the best possible grip and cornering; additionally, drivers will have control of left and right-hand torque distribution on the front and rear axles.
- Not only that, drivers can control front/rear torque distribution with the turn of a dial. For example, they could have it at 60:40 for everyday driving, 50:50 for max performance at high speeds on the track, and 30:70 for a sporty experience on winding roads.
- The 2023 GR Corolla showcases a single-scroll ball-bearing turbo with a six-speed intelligent manual transmission with rev-matching so your Clermont Toyota can handle high torque without a problem. The shift lever has a shortened stroke for quick throws.
- Toyota has also included the D-4S direct and port fuel injection system for both fuel efficiency and maximum fuel dispersion.
- This new Clermont Toyota GR hatchback will offer a MacPherson strut front suspension with circuit-tuned coil springs, shock absorbers, and stabilizer bars, resulting in a lightweight design and firm handling. The rear suspension utilizes a double-wishbone multilink system to accommodate the AWD capabilities.
- You’ll also find wide tread tires for high-speed stability and exceptional cornering abilities, as well as 18″ gloss black 15-spoke cast alloy wheels for some flash.
- Further, it has fixed-caliper disc brakes painted red with the special GR logo on them to enhance performance.
- And we can’t discount the body design – the 2023 GR Corolla has a highly rigid and lightweight body designed especially for performance. It has significantly more weld points and extensive use of structural adhesive in the frame.
It will definitely dominate the track, but not only that, it also just looks. Really. Cool. It sits wide and low to the ground; the new 2023 GR Corolla was definitely designed with sport in mind, showcasing features like:
- A compact and sporty hatchback design also leads to great aerodynamics. The nose rises to a tapered roofline for airflow, and the hot rear spoiler leads to more downforce. Lower rockers allow air to seamlessly flow down the sides of the GR Corolla, while the hood, fender, and rear bumper ducts and a flat underfloor help to reduce drag.
- The car was also designed to be as lightweight as possible. In the Circuit Edition, the roof is made of forged carbon fiber. In both models, aluminum is used for the hood and front door panels, with high-tensile steel woven into the design for structural integrity and safety.
- The 2023 GR Corolla exudes sporty style thanks to features like rear and front fender flares, a black matrix grille, rear wings, a shark fin antenna, glossy black accents, and LED lighting, including fog lights.
- The interior matches the exterior’s sporty aesthetic. The cabin of the 2023 GR Corolla showcases Brin Naud suede and synthetic leather-trimmed seats with red stitching and red mesh inserts, as well as special GR badging and aluminum sport pedals.
What about tech? You may be getting the best of the best when it comes to performance, but that doesn’t mean the GR Corolla skimps out on technology and safety features. It offers drivers:
- A 12.3″ color multi-information display with tachometer, gear position indicator, 4WD mode, and turbo pressure
- A push-button start system
- Heated front seats and steering wheel
- Power windows with one-touch auto up/down
- 2 USB charging ports and a 12V auxiliary power outlet
- Automatic climate control
- Qi wireless charging
- Toyota Audio Multimedia System with an 8″ touchscreen and optional JBL sound
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- A 4G WiFi hotspot
- Dual Bluetooth streaming
- Drive Connect Intelligent Assistant
- Voice controls
- Cloud-based native navigation
- Toyota Safety Sense 3.0
- A Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Hill Start Assist Control
- A one-year trial subscription to Toyota Safety Connect
Find out when the 2023 GR Corolla Hot Hatch is arriving at Toyota of Clermont – follow us!
We’ll keep you posted as to when the 2023 GR Corolla will arrive at Toyota of Clermont – you can call us for updates seven days a week at (352) 404-7000, or follow us on social media for more information!