Versatile new 2019 Toyota Prius gets all-wheel drive option
The Clermont Toyota Prius has always been a popular option for drivers who want something sleek, technology-driven, and fuel-efficient, not to mention incredibly eco-friendly. However, its curb appeal is being taken to a whole new level for the 2019 model year – it will now feature two models with all-wheel drive, giving it a versatility that it’s never offered before. Taking on slick or snowy roads will be easier than ever from behind the wheel of this new Toyota hybrid, and Toyota of Clermont has the details on what it will be showcasing for the brand new model year.
The 2019 Toyota Prius will be more versatile than ever
Before we talk about style and technology, let’s talk about performance – specifically, all-wheel drive. The 2019 Toyota Prius will feature AWD-E and the “E” stands for electric. This means that the all-wheel drive system doesn’t have a center differential or front-to-rear driveshaft. It actually has an independent electric motor to power the rear wheels. However, the all-wheel drive system is actually on-demand so the car recognizes when it’s needed and when it’s not. And when it’s not necessary, it’ll turn all-wheel drive off so you can get the best fuel efficiency possible.
Here are some more performance highlights:
- A new multi-link rear suspension system and lower center of gravity for increased handling and sportier maneuvering
- A new Nickel-Metal Hydride battery that takes up less space (it fits under a rear seat) and can handle cold weather like a champ
- Seating for 5 thanks to 65.5 cubic feet of interior space and 60:40 split rear seats, plus new roof racks with cargo crossbars so you can easily carry bikes, a luggage rack, a canoe, and more
Now let’s talk about everything else the 2019 Toyota Prius will have to offer when it finally gets to Toyota of Clermont – here are some of the details:
- Two new paint colors – Supersonic Red and Electric Storm Blue – and a new 15″ alloy wheel design
- A new trim-level system – now the 2019 Toyota Prius will come in L Eco, LE, XLE, and Limited. All-wheel drive will be available on the LE and XLE models.
- A SofTex trimmed interior with heated front seats and a temperature regulated steering wheel
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense P with Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Automatic High Beams, and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Standard smart key system with push button start and available Toyota Safety Connect, Vehicle Proximity Notification System, and Adaptive Front Lighting
- Entune Audio with navigation, 3 USB ports, Bluetooth, advanced voice recognition, Siri Eyes Free, and a 6.1″ touchscreen interface
- Upgraded fuel efficiency of 58 mpg in the city and 53 mpg on the highway for major fuel savings
Follow Toyota of Clermont for updates on this hybrid fan favorite
We can’t wait for it to arrive at Toyota of Clermont and we don’t have an exact date yet, but follow us on social media for updates! You can also call our internet sales team at (352) 404-7000 for more information and to see what’s in store for you when this best-seller DOES actually arrive next year.