How to protect your car from sun and heat
Living in the land of perpetual summer, sun and heat are always a threat to the condition of your Clermont Toyota vehicle. In fact, State Farm recently conducted a study on just how hot your car can get because of sun and heat. After the vehicle they tested spent some time in the sun, the interior reached temperature in excess of 145° F and the exterior clocked in at 195° F. With summer-like temperatures sticking around into the fall season, protecting your car from sun and heat damage seems like an impossible task. Luckily, Toyota of Clermont is here with a guide to keep your car cool!
Tips for protecting your car
The exterior of your Clermont Toyota vehicle is always exposed to harsh and hot conditions so keeping it protected can seem like a handful. But here are a few things you can do to protect your paint and tires:
- Wash and dry your Clermont Toyota vehicle frequently. This will remove dirt and dust from your paint and prevent fading from sun and heat damage over time.
- After you’ve washed and dried your car, apply a layer of wax to the paint. Wax can help lessen the damaging affects of UV rays and keep your car looking shiny.
- Check your tire pressure frequently using an accurate PSI gauge. Having low tire pressure and combining that with hot pavement is a recipe for a blow-out.
Keeping the interior of your Clermont Toyota vehicle protected from sun and heat can be done in a few easy steps:
- Our Toyota of Clermont expert auto service team recommends using a sunshade to keep out harmful UV rays from entering your car’s interior. They are a bit bulky, but they’re perfect for keeping the heat out of your car.
- Parking in the shade is always a great way to keep your car cool.
- Consider using seat covers. Fabric seats are somewhat resistant to sun and heat conditions, but they can still suffer from fading overtime.
- Make sure to wipe your dashboard off frequently. Dust and other particles can collect overtime and not only make a mess, but they can make your dashboard more prone to cracking and fading.
- If you have leather seats in your Clermont Toyota vehicle, clean them frequently with a leather specific conditioner. Leather is very prone to cracking and fading because of the sun and heat.
Protect your car from sun and heat with Toyota of Clermont
When Florida gets hot (which is usually all the time) you need to make sure your car is protected. Following these steps is a great way to keep your exterior and interior in perfect shape, but if you need a little extra help, Toyota of Clermont is here to help! Our expert auto service department can keep your vehicle clean and get you on a regular maintenance schedule. Give us a call at (352) 404 – 7000 to schedule an appointment today!