Car camping this year for summer road trips? Here are tips you won’t want to miss.
Summer is right around the corner, so it’s time to hop in your car for a road trip. Car camping can be an easy and affordable way to view some of the most scenic vacation destinations. If you are balling on a budget by cutting out hotel cuts by car camping, you may want to keep reading because Toyota of Clermont experts are here with car camping tips you won’t want to miss on this year’s adventures in your Clermont Toyota.
Pick the right spots to car camp.
Since you won’t have to worry about booking hotel trips, you’ll have to exchange finding the closest hotel to your desired location for finding the right site spot to car camp. There are some factors to consider when picking out car camping locations. First, you want to ensure that the car camping site has leveled and flat land. You can use apps like Allstays, iOverlander, and US public Land to find the best campsites!
Make sure you set up a comfy sleeping space.
You might be thinking that sleeping in my car is not going to be comfy by any means. However, it can be quite the opposite. Car camping allows you to ditch long hikes and transportation costs by creating an utterly efficient car camping arrangement. With the rise in popularity, you can pay for the perfect products fit for making any car-camping road trip a comfortable experience. Make it a relaxing experience by investing in a tent, inflatable car air mattress, sleeping pad, or a sleeping bag. Some of the best Toyota models for car camping are the Toyota Highlander, Toyota Sienna, and Toyota Tundra.
Keeping everything and everyone safe with emergency gear
When you’re out in nature driving and car camping in your Clermont Toyota, safety is one of the most important things. However, there are a few things to keep in mind in case of an emergency and just to be extra safe.
- Lock your car camping doors in your Clermont Toyota.
- Don’t leave your engine running. Invest in wireless camping fans to keep your car camping experience cool.
- Pack Bear/pepper spray in case of a scary emergency.
- Makeshift car curtains can help bring privacy to your car camping experience.
- Bring LED car camping lanterns.
- Wireless chargers for your tech devices like your phone and tablets.
- Enjoy optional wifi access from your Toyota for sale in Clermont, FL, which is perfect for car camping endeavors.
Safe driving tips for when you are car camping
Consider a few reminders if you are car camping in your Clermont Toyota.
- Share your location with a friend.
- Make sure to schedule a service for your car before the road trip drive.
- Get the proper amount of sleep.
- Fill up frequently.
- Don’t drive in the dark.
Come to our dealership for service before your car camping adventure!
We would love to help you answer any questions you may have. So give us a call at (352)404-7000. We’re located just off the Florida Turnpike at 16851 State Road 50 Clermont, FL, 34711.