Toyota teams enjoy success at One Lap of America road rally
Against sports cars and a fiercely long test, three teams of new Toyota drivers came out on top at this year’s One Lap of America competition. This test covered 3,675 miles over eight days and more than 70 vehicles competed. Not only did these Toyota teams finish the competition, they earned hardware using the new Toyota Camry and Prius. These vehicles are packed with award winning features and our Clermont dealership has a wide selection to choose from. Read on to see what these cars and teams took home and which model best suits you!
New Toyota accomplishments
The Kentucky, West Virginia, and Indiana teams gave it their all for this difficult event and it paid off tremendously. In a demonstration of the performance of the new Toyota Camry and 2017 Prius, the three teams received first and second place awards in the alternate fuel class category and third place in both economy and mid-priced sedan classes. This places these new models ahead of several other makes and models that are more known for racing.
These two Clermont Toyota models are well deserving of their accomplishments and the teams even more so. Demonstrating that the Toyota Camry and Prius are more than just commuter vehicles was no easy task, but these teams proved that and more with their One Lap winnings. Let’s dive deeper into what makes these vehicles worthy of the awards.
2018 Toyota Camry
With several trim options and a hybrid model, the Clermont Toyota Camry is a versatile vehicle with a sleek new design and loads of new features. Here are some of the features that make this Clermont Toyota more than just a sedan:
- An all new Toyota exterior design with a meaner looking grille, 19-inch black alloy wheels, LED head and tail lighting, and a chrome tipped dual exhaust.
- A panoramic sunroof for great natural lighting.
- Toyota Safety Sense (TSS-P) that comes equipped with pedestrian detection, lane departure warnings, automatic high beam lights, and dynamic radar cruise control.
- Two engine choices of a 2.5L 4-cylinder or a 3.5L V6 for added power and performance.
- 8-speed automatic transmission with ECO, normal, and sport driving modes.
- An 8-inch touch screen coupled with the new Entune 3.0 infotainment system as well as a 10-inch heads-up display make for a more engaging technologically savvy driving experience in this Toyota.
2018 Toyota Prius
The Toyota Prius has always walked the line between hybrid and a conventional vehicle and this one still hold true. With an estimated 58 mpg city, this is a vehicle that cuts back on emissions with style. Here are a few of our favorite features from the new Toyota model:
- New exterior design with LED lighting and 17-inch alloy wheels.
- Updated multi-information display, Qi-compatible wireless charging, an optional moon roof, and Bluetooth capability with hands-free calling.
- Safety features include a blind spot monitor, rear-cross traffic alert, a back-up camera integrated into the infotainment display and rain-sensing windshield wipers.
Schedule a test drive with Toyota of Clermont
Now that you’ve read about the accomplishments and the features of these vehicles, it’s time to schedule a test drive with us at Toyota of Clermont! Call us at (352) 404 – 7000 or visit us at 16851 State Road 50, just off the Florida Turnpike.