The SEMA 2023 Highlights on the Toyota Concept Cars
It’s that time of the year for the SEMA 2023 concept car release. If you are not familiar with SEMA it’s a car convention where different car brands showcase concept cars with outlandish features and themes to them. For the past couple of years, we have followed these SEMA Toyota concept cars. And this year we are following the trend as Toyota of Clermont experts are here to give you a recap on what happened with Toyota this year and a closer look at which ones we think have the potential to come to life.
Everything you missed from the SEMA 2023 Highlights
- Concept models from these Toyota models: Retro Land Cruiser, GR86, FJ Cruiser, and Tacoma X-Runner
- Toyota announced it’s expanding its Toyota-associated accessory products program with even more aftermarket accessories and products with add-ons from AfRB, Go Rhino, Yakima, and Rigid Industries. This opens up the gate to customizing your Toyota with aftermarket parts from high-quality brands without suffering on reliability. Toyota of Clermont is hosting these customizations at our dealership soon.
- Toyota created an arcade-inspired TRD Pro Time Attack video game with simulators at the 2023 SEMA in Las Vegas. These same seats can be found in the newly redesigned 2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro model, so this is a perfect way for gamers to feel what it’s like to navigate tough terrain in some comfy ISoDynamic Performance seats.
- Toyota announced a new TRD Performance Package Power-Up Option for the Toyota Tundra at SEMA. The package includes a boost in performance with an increase of hp to 421 and torque to 479 lb-ft. It doesn’t stop there, enjoy an increase in airflow to the turbochargers, special badging, and custom exhaust tips. Stay tuned to get your hands on this package in early 2024 at our dealership in Clermont, Florida.
Let’s get into each of the Toyota Concept Cars Displayed at SEMA
Welcome the Retro Cruiser, a throwback Toyota Land Cruiser
Toyota has brought back the 2024 Land Cruiser, and if you didn’t know that, now you know. So, it only makes sense that since it’s out of its hiatus what better way to celebrate than with a Retro Cruiser? This concept car is built on the ROD Millen Group’s 1967 FJ45 Land Cruiser Wagon. Let’s get into some of the features of this retro bad boy at SEMA 2023.
- The Retro Cruiser gets a longer frame, a modified body, and an upgraded suspension system for tough terrains. It gets 25” General Tire Grabbers, custom skid plates, and a widened front track.
- To bring it back to the classic retro cruiser it gets a 100 Series Land Cruiser’s V8 engine, four-speed automatic transmission, and a stainless steel custom exhaust.
- But the interior had some interesting features added like a satellite phone, navigation, and a 15-gallon onboard water supply. Sounds like a car that you would drive in Jurassic Park.
GR86 Cup Car on Display at SEMA 2023
It wouldn’t be a true SEMA without Toyota Gazoo Racing showcasing a concept car. This year the North America’s Toyota GR Cup Race series wrapped up its 2023 season perfectly in time for a GR86 Cup Car displayed with custom bodywork, carbon rear fiber wing, TRGNA-designed splitter, and interior roll cage. The GR86 is a crowd favorite, so we enjoyed this one. And, if you are looking for a 2024 Toyota GR86, come to our dealership in Clermont, Florida and we’ll make it happen.
Classic FJ Cruiser “FJ Bruiser” Reanimated into Rock Crawler for SEMA 2023
The iconic FJ45 Pickup Truck made a comeback appearance with a new rock-crawler SEMA 2023 concept dubbed the “FJ Bruiser ” which is based on the 1966 FJ45 Pickup Truck. It looks like a monster truck and a vintage FJ had a baby and we are here for it. You could take this concept car on a whole lot of tough terrains with these features:
- Gets 725 Horsepower, a 3-speed race-built transmission, a solid axle, and a transfer case that would allow the FJ Bruiser with four 2WD speeds and four 4WD speeds.
- Instead of skid plates, it gets a tank-like track system, with a tube chassis and roll cage mounted on a rigid custom frame.
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner Concept Takes the Stage
Toyota was all about the throwbacks this year and we are not mad about it. The Toyota Tacoma X-Runner is a Tacoma model that was highly popular back in the day. It’s rocking a street truck style and the features make us hope that Toyota brings this one back. Let’s check out some of the features showcased at SEMA 2023.
- A modified 3.4L twin-turbo V6 with 421 horsepower and 479 lb-ft torque
- A Tundra solid axle
- Electronic locking differential
- A custom side exhaust
Will these concept cars be brought to life?
Although, we don’t know for sure if any of these concept cars will be brought to life, there is hope that they truly could. Toyota took the concept car the Trailhunter to life as a Tacoma trim you can buy. Since we are going down memory lane, can Toyota please bring us the Toyota Tacoma Camper named, the Tacozilla? Everyone who loves a good camping trip needs this to happen. But, again who knows what Toyota has up its sleeve next?
Check out new Toyotas at Toyota of Clermont!
Ready for the latest and greatest Toyota news? Toyota of Clermont has got you covered – follow us on social media, Call us for details at (352) 404-7000, or stop by and see us at 16851 State Road 50, just west of the Florida Turnpike.