Toyota of Clermont shares information about your transmission
First, do you know the importance of your transmission? This part of your car plays an extremely important role. Its three main jobs are:
- Transfer torque from the engine to the wheels
- Allow the car to change gears and travel at different speeds
- Use power from the engine to allow the car to move forward and backwards
Basically, the transmission converts energy from the engine into torque to keep your car going. It's extremely important to keep up transmission repair for your car to function!
Signs your car needs transmission repair
How do you know when it's due for transmission repair? There are certain signs you can look out for that could mean it's time for this auto repair in Orlando, including:
- Grinding or shaking feeling: Your car should be able to make a smooth transition from one gear to another. If you drive a car with a manual transmission and notice grinding when changing gears, it's time to head to our Toyota Service Center in Orlando for transmission repair. If you drive a car with an automatic transmission, you may notice shaking when changing gears, which is also an indication that it's time for auto repair.
- Gears get stuck or slip: You may also notice that's it's hard to change gears or the gears are slipping when it's time for transmission repair. A slipping gear is when your car switches gears and then slips back into the previous gear for no reason. If you sense either of these issues, you want to have it taken care of right away, as it can be very dangerous!
- Leaking or burning fluid: It's also time for Orlando transmission repair when the transmission fluid starts to leak or you smell it burning. This fluid has a sweet smell to it and it has a red hue, which makes it easy to detect. If you see a puddle of it underneath your car, head to our Orlando auto service center to have your car inspected ASAP!
- Strange noises: You can also detect it's time for transmission repair when you hear certain noises coming from your car! If you hear clunking, screeching or whistling sounds coming from under the hood, don't ignore it! It could be warning you of major problems, which should be fixed with transmission repair before it gets worse!
Schedule an appointment for Orlando auto repair today by giving us a call at (866) 454-1614. We're located at 16851 State Road 50, between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27.